Friday, December 23, 2011

Shakin' All Over


 SHAKIN’ ALL OVER

(For Johnny Kidd and Roger Daltrey)

Transport caff
Scared waiter  
Egg sausage chips and beans
  -  two slices and a mug of tea
Capstan Full Strength
Spots, acne, pimples
Rat-face baby
Raised on rations
Greasy hair
Metal comb and flick knife
Smell the leather and petrol
Jukebox blasting
Rock’n’roll
Roaring engines
Triumph, BSA, Harley Davidson
Does your friend sit too close riding behind?

Tasting infinity touching the ton 
So little time it’s no time at all

Pictures of girls with big tits
On the wall in the garage where you work

Saturday Night
Pissed up and sneering
Ugly
Select a victim 
Someone to hurt
“When you move in right up close to me
That’s when I get the shakes all over me
Quiver down my backbone
I get the shakes in the kneebone
Quiver down my thigh bone
Shakin’ all over…”

No comments:

Post a Comment